I know double posting is terrible.
This is the official host blog/post for Dress Like Your Character Week. With Lily of Lily’s Notes in the Margins and Pheris of The Word Asylum, I have helped conduct and concoct a week long event when writers dress up like one of the character’s they have created and post pictures on their blog. DLYCW starts on May 7th and ends on May 14th.
After creating your post you can link it to this post, and other’s will know where to find you. This is a great way to not just express yourself and share with others your character but also get people to visit your blog.
If you would like to participate, here are the rules:
- Please refrain from nudity, inappropriate captions and poses in your photos
- In your post, please link to the host’s post (and don’t forget to leave a link to your post/blog on it)
- You do not have to show your face if you don’t want to (I’ve linked below a photo site where you can blur/crop out your face)
- Feel free to invite other participants privately to ensure they are comfortable with participation
- In your post, tell us how your writing changed when you dressed up, or did something else daring (did you use an accent? We’d love to know!)
- Spread the word! Tell other people about DLYCW.
If you don’t want to show your face online
has the option of Pixelating
your face under their Effects
tabs, then Area
We’re excited and hopeful to get this going, so start posting!