Why My Sister is Necessary and Songs (somewhat) About Me.
September 8, 2011 § 2 Comments
This is the story on why my sister is necessary:
Sarah: Leah, I did something annoying and I want you to fix it.
Leah: What did You do?
Sarah: I clicked on something and it made the top half of the internet go away.
Leah: Hit F11.
Now to the other part.
There are too many songs about Sarah’s. ((There are also too many people named Sarah, an issue that my parents still have yet to solved and my mother somehow blames on me. )) But seriously guys. There are just too many. It’s getting ridiculous. From the 80’s to today, it won’t end.
As soon as I think the list is long enough, another band feels the need to serenade me. See, I know it sounds whiny of me to be angry that people sing songs that glorify me, but the thing is they don’t. Which is basically the worst part. None of these songs are about how great I am. None of them.
- What Sarah Said by Death Cab For Cutie about a girl dying of cancer that a boy loves.
- Sarah Beth (my middle name) by Rascal Flats about a girl dying of cancer and a boy who loves her. (am I sensing a trend??)
- Sarah by Bat For Lashes about a girl strangled to death in the water after her parents cut. out. her. heart.
- Sarah Smiles by Panic! at the Disco about a really mean girl named Sarah that breaks his heart.
- Sara (too bad Stevie Nicks can’t spell. Forgot an ‘H”.) by Fleetwood Mac about another Sarah that breaks another heart.
- Sara Smile by Hal and Oates which is all about WHY SRAH IS NOT SMILING. COULD IT BE THAT SHE IS DYING OF CANCER MAYBE? OR BREAKING HEARTS? OR BEING DROWN? OR HAVING HER HEART CUT OUT BY HER PARENTS?
- Then there’s some explicit rap about me, which once you subtract the F-word, is somewhat true. I am skinny, and I do have brains….
- Sarah by Ray La montagne about a guy that’s in love with me, but then spirals off into drugs.
- Sarah by Prince. Did you know that he can see my underwear?
And that’s about it. But guys. Did you not read that list? Why *would* I be flattered? Siiigh. Tough having my name.
But alas, thank you for reading my blog! And please go do the subscrib-y thing-y! That would be nice! I would appreciate it!